Monday, May 11, 2009

Eye Opener: Online Learning Activites

My Groups Activities:



Jeff's activity define the following terms:
Pre-op-Before an operation
Post-op- After an operation
Out-patient- Not hospitalized overnight, but has made a visit to the hospital
In-patient- Staying overnight at the hospital
Receptionist-Administrative Assistant
Doctor- Medical Practioner, practices medicine
Nurse- responsible for the treatment, safety, and recovery of patients
Pharmacist- distribute prescription drugs
Anesthesiologist- Is responsible for putting individuals under before a procedure and "waking" them up
Radiology - Does imaging technology. For example, X-Rays



Lauren's- The Salmon Challenge
A Bird came and ate my poor fish Jessica after only 5 questions!! She didnt even live that long
:(


Hannah's-Biking Barriers
I was trying to think of a bicycle-motorist accident, and I couldnt really think of one that involved a motorist. So I decided to mention one with just a bicyclist. In middle school a boy from my grade was doing jumps/going down hills on his bike. He came to school a week later from being in the hospital. During one of his jumps he flu over the handle bars and landed on his head. He wasnt wearing a helmet so he was injured pretty bad. He had a broken nose, lost his front teeth and had a head injury. I never thought a great deal about bike safety until that incident. That accident could have been avoided by simply wearing a helmet and not being so careless on a bike. Now I know just how important it is for you to wear a helmet and be aware of the kinds of things that can go wrong while riding a bike.

Erika's-Test your WaterSense
My final score was 980, I answered 8 out of 12 questions correctly. There was some interesting facts in the game that I didnt know prior to the activity.

Overall I really liked completing everyones activities I learned a lot of new and interesting facts!!

GOOD JOB GROUP MEMBERS!!

4 comments:

  1. Good work! I liked doing all the activities, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did way better then me, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is a glitch in the salmon catcher game because I always get eaten after 5 questions too!

    ReplyDelete