Sunday, May 3, 2009

Advocacy Project: Online Peer Environmental Health Learning Activity

Advocacy Project: I don't want to clean my room!

Hello group! I had a bit of trouble finding an activity that matched perfectly with my topic, so I went with an activity that fit close to my topic. The game that I choose teaches kids how to recycle and promote a healthier environment which in a way goes with my advocacy project topic. Enjoy playing the game!


Help Anita clean her room and learn about how to recycle items in the house.
Play Game -Anita's ROOM


Reference for game: http://www.ecokids.ca/pub/index.cfm

Purpose: To teach and promote kids to maintain an overall healthier environment, by keeping their room/house clean and showing them how to recycle and where things can be recycled.

Instructions: Read the comic about Anita and her room, then complete the actitivy. There is 24 object in Anita's room that has to place them in the correct recycling bin. There are four different bins. They include a composting bucket, bottle and can recycling bin, paper and cardboard recycling bin and a garbage.

Its important for kids to learn how to recycle for numerous reasons. One reason is that it helps maintain a healthy environment which my advocacy project talks about. Another reason would be for kids to learn the importance of recycling and the positive effects that it has on the environment.

4 comments:

  1. Some of these were tricky... Especially the food items that were organic and that I kept trying to throw away instead of recycle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks cute Jessica! I'm excited for this activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun activity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooo Can't wait to feel like a kid again next week! haha!

    ReplyDelete